Craft, stitchin' and sustainable living

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Da green beanie


A green beanie has been on my to-stitch list for about three winters. Alas, I had not found a) the right yarn or b) the right pattern (or c) the time, if I'm being honest). Then it was like it all came together... A Coffee and a Yarn (fabulous yarn shop for those of you in Sydney) were having a yarn swap night, where you could bring along your unused balls of wool and trade them with other knitters. So I took along some yarn that I had bought long ago for some project that I never made (come on, I know you have them too) and swapped them for this fantastic green ball, and some other wool that I am planning to knit into leg warmers.



Then I came across Debbie Stoller's (bless her) All-day Beret pattern on Ravelry and knew it was meant to be!

It really didn't take me too long to whip up, about a week of knitting-in-front-of-the-TV time (and I even made a mistake and had to back track at one stage). By the way, the mistake was just due to me not paying attention and this is actually a pretty easy knit.



If you're looking for a beanie knitting pattern, I recommend you give it a go!

4 comments:

  1. I trawled ravelry for the perfect beanie pattern too..

    nice 80's green going on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here does not exactly welcome wearing beanies in winter, so I am not much into them but I like the pattern you have found. I could maybe use it to knit a full length hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love that green :)

    ReplyDelete